Just In Tech held a free seminar at the Napier RSA on Wednesday night (09/05/2012) for club members. We had very positive feed back and will now be hold regular seminars for RSA members on a bi-monthly basis.
This month we focused on security and the covered the following topics:
- Overview on different types of Malware
– Over view of different types
– How are they spread?
– Signs that you may have a virus
- What Anti-Virus should I use – Free vs Paid
- The importance of a secure password
- Keeping your computer up to date
- Browsing the internet safely
– how do I know if a site is safe to visit?
– is it safe to use internet banking?
– how should I pay for things online?
- Scams to watch out for.
To download the presentation click here